Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas which is a product of incomplete combustion of a faulty appliance. If breathed in it is harmful and if absorbed into the body in sufficient quantities (less that you think!) it can result in death. Many people are not aware of the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning because early symptoms can be easily be confused with flu like symptoms, food poisoning, or other illnesses.
Common flu symptoms are similar at first to early low level signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, for example, tiredness, headaches, dizziness or nausea.
It is recommended that a carbon monoxide detector be installed to watch over the levels of carbon monoxide in your home throughout the year - just ask when we call as we carry a supply on our van.
Thank you for your advice about carbon monoxide detectors - I feel safer now!" Miss Evans, Bridgend
"There are so many different types of carbon monoxide detectors (and prices) it was nice having some impartial professional advice from you on which type to buy." Mr Thomas Porthcawl more...
Heatsafe Ltd is Gas Safe Registered. The Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances.